Cheese polenta recipe
Polenta is very easy to cook, if you can boil water and put ingredients in a saucepan, you can make this. However, it requires constant stirring, so make it on a cool day when you need to be by the stove 30 minutes continuously.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup of mature cheese, grated. Parmesan or Cheddar are ideal.
- Combine the cold water, cornmeal and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- A the remaining 3 cups of water to a pan and bring to the boil
- Mix in the cornmeal, bring to the boil
- Reduce the heat, stir in the cheese and simmer for 30 minutes or until it thickens, stirring often.
- Scoop the mixture into a greased loaf tin or suitable container and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. A plastic Lock & Lock container is good for this.
Instant polenta may take less time - Please follow the manufacturers instructions.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.