Carrot and coriander soup (TM)
An easy to make warming soup
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 30g red lentils
- The juice of half a lemon
- 2cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 400g carrots, peeled and cut into 2-3 pieces
- 50g onion, peeled
- 50g butter
- 4 teaspoons Bron's Spanish vegetable stock concentrate
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5g coriander leaves
- 100g milk
- Extra coriander leaves, finely chopped, to garnish
- Grind the lentils and ginger Speed 10 until fine.
- Add the carrots, onion and butter a Few Seconds / Speed 4½.
- Scrape down the inside of the bowl and repeat previous step if necessary.
- Add the water, lemon juice and the vegetable stock concentrate 15 minutes / 100°C / Speed 2.
- Season to taste.
- Add the coriander and milk 1 minute / Speed 9 or until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning and serve, garnished with the chopped coriander.
- Lightly adapted from a recipe in Fast and Easy cooking, which is supplied with Thermomixes in the UK.
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.