Camembert sausage and mash
It was a great success.
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 tablespoon sour cream
- Good pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 250 g pork sausage meat
- 2 small triangles of Camembert cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat your oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7), [fan oven 200° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Peel the potatoes, cut into smaller pieces and boil for 15 minutes or until soft
- Meanwhile peel and slice the onions and garlic and fry in the olive oil, with the black pepper for about 10 minutes or until softened
- Add the sour cream and parsley to the potatoes and mash well
- Mix the fried onions and garlic int the mash
- Lightly oil a baking tray and spread the mash thinly so that it can crisp slightly while cooking
- Make thin 'burgers' with the sausage meat, lay over the m,ash and top with the Camembert cheese
- Surround with sliced tomatoes and cook in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes
Serve with a nice gravy
I added 2 tbs of Taste Sensation Mixed Sweet Red and Green Bell Pepper Granules to the mash for a bit of colour and extra flavour.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#camembertsausageandmash #mash #camembertcheese #potatoes #onions #parsley #sausagemeat #garlic #sourcream #oliveoil #blackpepper