Cajun Pulled Pork
As this is an experiment I bought 1.4kg of pork shoulder and got the butcher to cut it into three slices. This recipe uses one of those slices. I can use the other two to experiment with more of the Taste Sensation seasonings.
- 1400 g pork shoulder
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 lemon cut into eight pieces
- 2 tablespoon Taste Sensation Cajun Seasoning
- 200 ml red wine
- 1 tablespoon of muscovado sugar
- Squeeze the lemon to collect the lemon juice while retaining the lemon pieces
- Pour the red wine and lemon juice over the [Pork
- Sprinkle the Taste Sensation Cajun Seasoning over the pork
- Line the slow cooker with the chopped onions and lemon pieces
- Lay the pork shoulder over the lemon and onions
- Sprinkle the muscovado sugar over everything
- Slow cook on medium heat for 8 hours, turning now and then
- If it looks to be drying out too much add a little extra liquid, water or beverage of your choice!
- If you are able, about halfway through remove the rind and excess fat, together with the lemon pieces
- After eight hours, shred the pork with two forks and mix into the gravy
There are lots of great ways to serve pulled pork:
- As you would serve roast pork
- As a pizza topping
- As part of a tapa
This was very, very good. Impressed with the Cajun Seasoning, not too hot but had tangy, herby notes. I needed to add a little extra liquid near the end, but only 50 ml or so.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.