Brouklou bil dersa (Cauliflower in dersa sauce)
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into florets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic to taste, chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon or more harissa
- 4 tablespoons long grain rice, washed under cold running water
- 2 teaspoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the caulflower and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper, paprika and harissa and fry for a minute or two, stirring constantly.
- Add 300 ml water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice, coriander and caulflower, stir gently and simmer, uncovered, until the rice and caulflower are cooked, stirring occasionally.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#cauliflower #simmer #paprika #harissa #garlic #tomatoes #boil #coriander #corianderleaves #longgrainrice #fry