I prefer a baguette every time! - Jerry
Brioche is a highly enriched French bread, whose high egg and butter content give it what is seen as a rich and tender crumb. It has a dark, golden, and flaky crust from an egg wash applied before and after proofing.
- 3 teaspoons dried active yeast
- 420 g strong white flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 100 g butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium eggs
- 70 ml milk
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6).
- Add the ingredients to your breadmaker in the above order.
- Set to your breadmaker to Basic Dough (no bake) setting.
- Use menu 16 Basic dough (2 hours 20 minutes) on Panasonic SD-ZB2502 automatic breadmaker
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover and leave to rest in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Dust a worktop with flour and divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- From each portion make two balls, one large, one small.Place each large ball into a greased brioche or muffin cup, dimple the top with a floured thumb and place the small ball into the indent.
- Cover and leave to rise in a warm place (30° C) for 30 minutes.
- Brush with a beaten egg.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#brioche #egg #dough #bake #butter #breadmaker #eggs #crumb #flour #warmplace #driedactiveyeast