Similar to a dish that uses gallons of double cream - this low fat version takes some time to cook in the oven but it's definitely worth the wait! It contains only a tiny amount of butter, so I happily consider this an "everyday" dish.
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 25g/1oz butter
- 675g/1½ lb Rooster potatoes, washed with the skin on and very thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled very thinly sliced
- 1 large leek, washed and thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 200ml/7 fluid oz of chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, 325°F, Gas Mk 3.
- Butter a pie dish and arrange the potatoes in layers with the onion and sliced leeks adding plenty of black pepper as you go.
- Arrange the top layer potatoes in overlapping slices, dot with the remaining butter and pour in the stock.
- Press the potatoes down firmly.
- Bake for 2 hours or until the potatoes are tender and the top browned.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk