- 1 small cauliflower, leaves removed and broken into florets.
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 30 g butter
- 30 g plain flour
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Boil the cauliflower in the stock until it is just cooked.
- Purée in blender or rub through a sieve.
- Return the the soup to the pan, reserving a little in a small bowl.
- Make a paste with the flour, butter and reserved soup and pour into the saucepan.
- Stir, still on the heat, and allow to thicken slightly.
- Just before serving, stir in the egg yolks and the wine, season to taste and gently heat through.
- Serve with a few twists of freshly grated nutmeg on the top.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.