From Cookipedia(Redirected from Biga recipe)
- Dissolve the yeast and the water and place the flour in a bowl.
- Once the yeast has completely dissolved, mix throroughly with the flour.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to ferment overnight.
- If your kitchen is hot, keep it in the fridge, but allow it to come to room temperature before using.
The mixture does seem quite dry, but it will hold together with a little perseverance. It can be left in the fridge for a couple of days longer if you wish.
Ciabatta bread recipes
We have a number of tested ciabatta bread recipes. Some that are made entirely by hand, others where the dough is made in a breadmaking machine and then baked in an oven and some where the rising and the baking is done in a breadmaker.
Rather like a French baguette the secret to this light bread with a moist bubbly crumb is the long rise time, often with no added sugar. Using just the natural sugars found in the flour to feed the yeast .
- Ciabatta bread recipe Hand made dough, oven baked
- Ciabatta with biga Hand made ciabatta bread based on a recipe by Richard Bertinet in his book Dough
- Ciabatta bread info page
- Ciabatta loaves (breadmaker dough, oven bake) The dough is made in a breadmaker and the loaves are oven baked
- Parmesan ciabatta A parmesan flavoured ciabatta bread where the dough is made in the breadmaker and the loaves are oven baked
- Ciabatta bread (breadmaker recipe) The entire process is completed in a breadmaker
- Biga The starter dough for used in making ciabatta bread or rolls.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.