Bifes de Atum
A very quick and easy dish from the Algarve.
- 4 x 150 g tuna steaks
- 100 g lard (use 100 ml olive oil instead if you prefer)
- 1 large onion, diced
- Garlic to taste, diced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the lard or oil in a large pan.
- Add onions, garlic and fry gently for about 8 minutes or until all the ingredients are cooked.
- Turn the heat up a little, add the tuna and fry for 3 or 4 minutes a side, turning once.
- Mix in the parsley, cover with tin foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
I have reduced the original recipe's cooking times, see Talk:Bifes_de_Atum for rationale and original recipe.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.