Basic risotto (TM)
- 130g Parmesan cheese, cut into 4 or 5 pieces
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- Garlic to taste, peeled
- ½ head of celery, each stick cut into 4
- 60ml olive oil
- 400g arborio rice
- 250ml dry white wine
- 900ml hot vegetable stock
- 70g butter
- Grate the Parmesan by dropping it onto the running blades at Speed 8.
- Tip out and reserve.
- Add the onions, garlic and celery and process for a few seconds at Speed 4½ until they are finely chopped.
- Scrape down the sides with the spatula, add the olive oil and sauté for 20-25 minutes/Temp. Varoma/Speed 1/Reverse Blade Direction/Measuring Cup OFF .
- Add the rice and cook for 3 minutes/Temp. Varoma/Speed 1/Reverse Blade Direction/Measuring Cup OFF.
- Pour in the wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and cook for 15-17 minutes/100°/Speed Spoon/Reverse Blade Direction/Measuring Cup ON.
- Add more water during the last few minutes of cooking time if it looks dry and taste to make sure it is 'al dente'.
- If it looks too wet, cook with Measuring Cup OFF for the last few minutes.
- Empty into a serving bowl
- Add the Parmesan, butter and seasoning and stir with the spatula.
- Serve immediately
This is just a basic recipe. You can add other ingredients of your choice to personalise it to you taste.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.