Baked cod with a pesto and Parmesan crust
Nice cheesy fish
Now that Atlantic cod has now been declared a sustainable species after many years of being on the 'danger' list, it's time to start cooking with it again.
- 2 cod steaks of around 250g or once large 500g steak cut in two
- 5 heaped tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 5 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 80g pesto - about 3 tablespoons
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Check and remove any pin-bones from the cod fillets
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Put the breadcrumbs into a bowl and add the grated Parmesan and the pesto together with a tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of black pepper and mix well to combine.
- Lightly brush or spray a baking tray with olive oil and lay the fillets on the tray skin side down.
- Spread the top of each one fillet with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes and finish under the grill for a few minutes for a crispy topping watching it carefully to see it does not burn.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#oliveoil #bakedcodwithapestoandparmesancrust #pesto #puylentils #grated #tomatoes #cod #breadcrumbs #sungold #garlic #breadcrumb