- 225g feta cheese, grated
- 225g mozzarella cheese
- 2 free range eggs, beaten
- 9 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped
- A twist or two of freshly ground nutmeg
- 225g frozen filo pastry sheets
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 60ml melted butter
- In a bowl, mix the cheeses, eggs, herbs, nutmeg and pepper.
- Cut the filo pastry sheets into four strips about 7.5cm wide.
- Keeping the pastry covered up with a damp cloth, brush one strip of pastry at a time with melted butter.
- Put a teaspoon of filling at the the bottom of one end of the strip and fold over one corner of the pastry to form a triangle.
- Keep folding over the pastry in the same way until you come to the end of the strip.
- Continue making the böreks until all the filling is used up.
- Bake on the baking sheets for about 30 minutes until crisp and golden.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.