Anne's chorizo and chickpea stew
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds, roughly crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 200 g thinly sliced chorizo
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 Cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 large red pepper, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 x 400 g can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400 g can of peeled tomatoes, chopped
- Good shake of your favourite chilli sauce
- Juice from 1 lemon
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan or wok.
- Add a good grind of black pepper on the crushed cumin seeds.
- Add the remaining oil.
- Sauté the chorizo until the surface crisps a little.
- Remove and reserve.
- Fry the onions and garlic for about 7 minutes until browned. Don't allow the garlic to get too hot and burn.
- Add the red peppers, chickpeas and tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chorizo, herbs and lemon juice and serve immediately.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.