Ćevapčići (Serbian sausages)
These skinless sausages from Serbia are also popular in Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Macedonia.
- 450g beef, minced
- 225g pork, minced
- 225g lamb, minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- A little oil or lard
- Finely chopped onions, for garnish
- Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly, except the onions for garnishing.
- Roll into a 2cm cylinder and cut into 10cm lengths.
- Wrap them in clingfilm and refrigerate for 1 hour to firm.
- Heat the oil or lard in a frying pan
- Add the sausage and fry gently, until cooked though and brown.
- Garnish with the raw onion
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.