Pork fillet, apple and sweet potato bake
- Dash of olive oil
- 250g pork fillet [10 oz]
- 1 leek, halved along its length and cut into slices.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed.
- 225g mashing potatoes such as Nadine, Saxon, Wilja, Desiree or King Edward, peeled and quartered
- 225g sweet potato, peeled and cut into slices
- 25 g (1 oz) Butter
- 200 ml (.42 pint) dry cider
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder or 1 heaped teaspoon of taco-mix
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and cut into very thin rings
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 204° C (400° F - Gas 6)
- Cut the pork fillet into small slices
- Fry the pork fillet slices in a little olive oil for 5 minutes
- Add the leeks and Fry for another 4 minutes
- Add the crushed garlic and stir fry for a minute of so
- Add the mustard or your choice of spices to the flour and sprinkle over the pork and leeks.
- Stir well to distribute the flour evenly
- Deglaze the pan with the cider
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes and sweet potatoes in lightly salted water until they are soft and can be pierced easily with a fork
- Mash the sweet potatoes and the potatoes together in the same bowl and add the butter and salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the pork mixture over the top
- Layer the remaining apple on top of the pork mixture, top with mash potato and decorate with the tines of a fork
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour minutes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#porkfilletappleandsweetpotatobake #porkfillet #potatoes #cider #sweetpotato #fry #oliveoil #sweetpotatoes #mash #butter #miseenplace