Karp w sosie chrzanowym (Carp with horseradish sauce)
This Polish dish is traditionally served at Christmas. Carp is very popular in Poland.
For the carp:
- 700g carp, skinned, filleted and cut into thin strips or smallish chunks
- Plain flour, seasoned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Fresh white breadcrumbs
For the horseradish sauce:
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish or 2 tablespoons creamed horseradish
- Pinch of salt
- 140 ml double cream
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- Dredge the fish lightly in the flour, then in the egg and the breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry in the oil, in batches for about 4 minutes, until golden brown all over.
- Allow to drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
- Meanwhile place the horesradish, salt and cream in a pan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chives and the eggs and drizzle over the carp.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#carp #chives #eggs #breadcrumbs #grated #boiledorsimmered #egg #horseradish #pickles #cream #horseradishsauce