Cuban Style Smoked Sausages with Onions and Olives
Cuban cunbano suasages?
3.5/5 Olives and sausages! The Judge
- 1 large smoked sausage
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup Spanish olives with Stuffed Pimento
- 1 tablespoon Goya Adobo with Pepper
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic puree or 2 chopped garlic cloves.
- ¼ cup sherry
- 1 teaspoon Maggi Smoke Liquid Seasoning
- salt and Pepper to taste. Serve on a bed of rice or stuffed in some hot crusty bread.
- Fire up the barbecue
- Preheat the oven to 200°C [400°F - Gas Mk 6]
- 1. Bake the Smoked Sausage in the oven for 20 minutes in a relatively hot oven (200°C [400°F - Gas Mk 6])
- 2. Sauté peppers and onions until onions are translucent.
- 3. Remove sausage from oven when the skin becomes toasted well and let cool. Slice into ½ inch lengths and add to sauté.
- 5. Sprinkle on adobo, mix in garlic, then the liquid smoke seasoning, can of tomatoes and garlic.
- Blend and simmer for 5 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
#cubanstylesmokedsausageswithonionsandolives #garlic #sausage #cuban #smoked #peppers #bread #onions #tomatoes #rice #recipesfromothersites