Cheesy monkfish jacket potatoes
- 1 monkfish tail - frozen is fine
- 1 bunch of dill - optional
- 2 jacket potatoes
- 75g [3 oz] good quality cheddar cheese, grated
- sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- If the monkfish has been filleted, just chop into small pieces, if not, follow the steps here to steam the monkfish.
- Preheat the oven to 220° C (425° F) (Gas 7)
- If you have the time it is really worthwhile taking the steps shown here to salt and dehydrate the skins to get really crispy skins on the baked potatoes.
- Halve the potatoes and bake uncovered in the top half of the oven for 50 minutes
- Mix the grated cheddar cheese, chopped dill and black pepper in a bowl
- After 50 minutes, carefully remove the potatoes and scoop out enough potato to make room for the filling
- Fill with the cooked monkfish
- Top the potatoes with the mixture and sprinkle with a little fresh dill
- Pop back in the oven and bake for a further 10 to 15 minutes to brown the cheese
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.