Vegan Florentine with turmeric hollandaise
A lovely brunch this, its a satisfying melange of cooked and raw veg, with an amazing hollandaise-like sauce that just happens to be completely vegan (we have been known to add a poached egg too, but that's entirely optional).
The beautiful plate the food is served on above, by the way, was courtesy of Lucy & Jorge Orta, fantastic artist friends of ours who gave it to us at an amazingly good party celebrating Lucy's 50th birthday in Boissy-le-Châtel, just outside Paris, in June 2016.
For the sauce:-
- 50g raw cashew nuts
- 50g canned or jarred artichoke hearts
- ½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 160° C (325° F - gas 3), [fan oven 140° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Put the cherry tomatoes onto a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by putting all ingredients into a blender and whizzing them till super smooth (or use a stick blender like we do); it should be a similar consistency to normal hollandaise. Taste, and adjust the seasoning
- Steam the spinach, and squeeze it very well
- Split each muffin in two and grill or toast
- Now is the time to poach your eggs, should you fancy them
- To assemble, place two half muffins on each of two dinner plates. Divide the avocado and spinach between them (and the eggs, if youre having them). Put six tomatoes beside them, then pour the sauce over and serve
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.