Vanilla fudge with fleur de sel de Guérande (TM)
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 150g unsalted butter cut into small cubes
- 500g icing sugar
- 397g tin sweetened condensed milk (use the standard kind, not the light one)
- 50g liquid glucose
- 1½-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fleur de sel de Guérande
- Add the butter and sugar to the bowl 10 minutes / 80 ° C / Speed 2.
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla extract 30 minutes / 100 ° C / Speed 1 / MC Off - place the internal steaming basket on the lid to prevent splashing.
- Then 30 minutes / Temp Varoma / Speed 1 / MC Off - place the internal steaming basket on the lid to prevent splashing.
- Pour the fudge into a greased and lined 20cm x 20cm baking tray (8 inch) and allow to cool and harden at room temperature - this will take a few hours.
- Sprinkle with a little Fleur de sel de Guérande before the fudge has completely set.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and cut into squares.
- Keep in an airtight container.
- Translated and adapted from Cupcakista
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#fudge #vanillaextract #condensedmilk #orange #airtightcontainer #vanillafudgewithfleurdeseldeguarandetm #refrigerate #peppermint #butter #unsaltedbutter #icingsugar