Tranches de mouton panées (Mutton slices in breadcrumbs)
A mutton recipe from Provence.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 100 g stale breadcrumbs
- 6 x 150g slices of mutton leg
- Dijon mustard or green peppercorn mustard (moutarde au poivre vert), to taste
- Crushed garlic, to taste
- 60 g butter
- Salt and pepper
- Beat the eggs with the oil and pour into a shallow dish.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a separate dish.
- Rub the garlic and mustard into the mutton slices.
- Dip each slice firstly into the egg and then the breadcrumbs, ensuring that the meat is properly coated.
- Using a large deep frying pan, melt the butter and when it is hot, add the mutton.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side and place in a serving dish.
- Season and pour the juices from the pan over the slices.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.