Tomato sauce (TM)
A basic recipe for tomato sauce
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100g onions
- 1kg chopped tomatoes
- 30g sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Put the oil in the bowl 3 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1
- Add the garlic and onion 10 seconds / Speed 5
- Then 7 minutes / Speed Varoma / Speed 3½
- Scrape down the lid with the spatula a few seconds / Speed 5
- Add the remaining ingredients 30 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1, placing the internal steaming basket over the lid to avoid splashing
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.