This recipe needs advance preparation!
Another easy to make Indian flatbread. This vegetarian dish is made with a potato (Aloo) stuffing.
- 1 portion aloo stuffing for parathas
- 1/3 — ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2-3 teaspoons ghee, butter or vegetable oil
- Starting with 1/3 cup of water, add all of the ingredients in a bowl (or a food processor)
- Knead or blitz the mixture into a smooth elastic dough adding more water if required. This will take about 5 minutes if hand-kneading
- Diving in eight equal sized balls
- Lightly oil a Tupperware-type container add the balls, cover and leave to rest for at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, ideally a few hours.
- Roll out the dough so it's just large enough to cover the potato ball
- Wrap the potato with the dough
- Flour the wrapped dough ball and place the messy side down
- Roll out to a 6" circle (I forgot to photo this, I was too busy eating the results!)
- Don't worry too much if the potato comes through the dough. It won't puff up all cheffy, but it'll taste just as good.
- Place the paratha in a very hot frying pan or tava
- Heat for a minute then flip over for another minute. I then splash a little oil in the pan and cook for another 2 minutes per side. You can see when they are done. You can oil the paratha rather than the pan. I just find it easier this way.
- (I like to use olive oil as I feel it's healthier, even if it's not authentic)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#stuffedparathas #dough #foodprocessor #vegetableoil #tava #ghee #strongflour #strongwholemealflour #panfried #butter