Stuffed Roast Peppers and Coriander Salsa
This recipe is reproduced courtesy of debbie&andrew's sausages.
- 2 red bell peppers
- Olive oil
- 4 Debbie and Andrew's Caramelised Red Onion Pork Sausages, removed from their casings
- 1 medium courgette, grated
- 1 tablespoon sultanas [optional]
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced coriander leaf
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 25g coriander leaf
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (fan-setting).
- Split the peppers in half down the middle (through the stalk), remove all of the seeds and fibrous flesh and lay cut side up over a teaspoon of olive oil in an oven dish, roast for 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan, fry the sausage meat in a teaspoon of olive oil. After three minutes, add the grated courgette to the pan, stir and continue to cook until the sausage meat is fully browned 6-7 minutes in total.
- Remove the filling from the pan, and drain in a sieve. Use a spoon to push out any excess liquid (a mix of sausage fat and water from the courgettes). Add the sultanas if using, plus the lemon zest and coriander. Stir well.
- Remove the peppers from the oven. Stuff with all of the filling and roast in the oven for a final 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the salsa. In a small food processor, blend the coriander with the rest of the ingredients, till a chunky paste forms.
- When the peppers are ready, remove from the oven and drizzle with salsa and toasted pine nuts. Serve with green salad.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.