Spicy pork steaks with pineapple
A really quick fruity and spicy meal.
- 1 small fresh pineapple, If you really want to cheat, use tinned pineapple
- 4 pork loin steaks
- 4 tablespoon muscovado sugar or jaggery
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the spices, sugar and seasoning to bowl and mix well.
- Line a grill tray with tin-foil and turn up the edges to catch the juices.
- Sit the pork steaks on the pineapple slices, sprinkle with ½ of the spices.
- Grill for 9 minutes.
- Turn the pork steaks and pineapple slices over, sit the steaks on the pineapple, sprinkle with the remaining spices and grill this side for a further 9 minutes or until the pork is properly cooked.
Serve with plain boiled rice and a green vegetable.
Try this with gammon steaks.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.