English pickling spice mixture
(Redirected from Mixed spice)
This is an English recipe for a pickling spice mixture or mixed spice.
- 2 tablespoons sized pieces of dried ginger
- 1.5 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon mace
- 3 tablespoons allspice
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2.5 tablespoons clove buds
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- Place add of the ingredients in a clean muslin bag to flavour the vinegar to be used for pickling .
- They could also be added directly to the vinegar
- You could also grind all the ingredients with a coffee grinder to make a powdered spice mixture, in which case, you could use ginger powder instead of dried ginger pieces.
Enough to flavour 2 huge jars of pickles
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#pickling #vinegar #englishpicklingspicemixture #fruit #pickles #pickled #corianderseeds #mustardseeds #muslin #coffeegrinder #gingerpowder