Sous vide salmon cut silverside beef joint
It was delicious and tender though I think next time I'll go a little rarer.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 750 g salmon cut silverside beef joint
- 1 tablespoon ready made English mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper onto a plate and roll the beef joint in the mixture to coat evenly.
- Paint the mustard all over the outside of the joint.
- Vacuum seal the beef joint.
- Cook in a sous vide bath for 10 hours at 60°C (140°F) for medium done.
- When ready to serve, heat a frying pan with 1 teaspoon of butter and roll the joint around the hot pan for a minute or so to brown. I'm also using my wonderful mapp blowtorch at the same time, just for the fun of it.
- I don;t bother to rest sous vide cooked meat, it seem fine directly from the bath.
This is great for sandwiches when thinly sliced.
- Sous vide cooking
- Category:Sous vide recipes
- Sous vide cooking times
- How to cook sous vide meat to different levels of doneness
- Safe minimum cooking temperatures
- SousVide Supreme sous vide cooker
- Anova Standalone sous-vide water heater and circulator
- Home made sous-vide slow cooker conversion kit
- Vacuum sealer (generic)
- Andrew James Professional Quality Vacuum Food Sealer Machine
- Vacuum sealed containers
- Andrew James 8.5 Litre Professional Sous Vide Water Bath Cooker
- Burton Sous Vide Water Bath
- Can the Crockpot Slow cooker and Multi cooker be used as a sous vide bath?
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.