I will admit that I have not yet made this, I promise I will update this when I do.
- 1 garlic bulb, separated into peeled cloves
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana Hot Pepper Sauce or Tabasco sauce
- 1 litre tomato juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 10ml of vodka or gin
- Add about a quarter of the tomato juice and the garlic cloves to a blender with a metal blade.
- Blitz until you have a really smooth purée.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until well mixed.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 hours.
- Add to your ice-cream maker and follow the manufacturers directions. About 60 minutes is fine in our Cuisinart.
- Place in a Lock & Lock -type box and freeze.
- Commit your ice-cream maker container at least 3 laps in the dishwasher!
Using an Ice-cream scoop, scrape off layers of ice-crystals and serve on a pre-chilled plate.
How to prevent home made ice cream from freezing solid in the freezer
Home made ice cream is usually reasonably soft and 'scoopable' straight out of the ice cream maker, but once it is placed in the freezer for more than a few hours it becomes a solid block of ice, effectively.
Unfortunately without using artificial additives it is not generally possible to keep it soft once you freeze it. I have tried many suggestions and they all fail miserably, apart from this one!
Place the hard-frozen ice cream in your refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before you want to use it and re-freeze it immediately you have scooped out what you need.
Admittedly this does require some planning ahead, but it does mean you'll have usable ice-cream.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.