Smoked haddock and potato hotpot
Comfort food at its best!. Purple Majesty potatoes are available from branches of Sainsbury's.
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 1 pack (1.25kg) Purple Majesty potatoes washed, not peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- 500g/1lb 2oz un-dyed, skinless smoked haddock, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 knob of butter
- ¾ pint vegetable stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of curly parsley, chopped
- In a large, lidded, non-stick saucepan, heat the butter and oil over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and leeks and cook for 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Now add the sliced Purple Majesty potatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the fish and stir gently.
- Bring to the boil, cover and then simmer for 10 minutes or until the fish and potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve Immediately.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk