Smoked duck salad with pears
A very unusual combination of flavours in this very simple and delicious recipe from Belazu.
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 4 tablespoons Belazu olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Belazu Smoked Chilli Jelly
- 3 ripe rosy pears
- 2 x 100g packs smoked sliced duck
- 120g bag watercress and red mustard salad
- A small handful of mixed herb leaves
- Whisk together the honey, oil, vinegar and chilli jelly to make a dressing. Halve, core and thickly slice the pears into a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the pears, cover and leave to marinate for 1hr.
- When ready to serve, divide the smoked meat among the individual serving plates. Lift the pears from the marinade and toss into the salad and herbs leaves with a little of the marinade. Pile a little on to each plate. Serve immediately.
- 1 pear - unfortunately, not so ripe.
- 1 tablespoons clear honey
- 2 tablespoons Belazu olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Belazu Smoked Chilli Jelly
I also sliced the pear very thinly as it was a little hard.
I served these in homemade pitta breads.
Graph your Body Mass Index