Sicilian sausage soup
4.5/5 A neat idea. Very sausagey! The Judge
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 pack Debbie and Andrew's Harrogate 97% Gluten Free Pork Sausages
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- A pinch of fennel seeds
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 x 400g chopped tomatoes
- 300ml chicken stock
- A handful fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 100g cooked farfalle pasta
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan and fresh basil leaves to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large non stick saucepan. Add the onion, garlic and fennel seeds and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Then add the sausages and brown evenly for 8 minutes or so.
- Stir in the carrots and celery and cook for another 5 minutes until the vegetables start to colour and soften.
- Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, oregano and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, season well, then serve in bowls scattered with torn basil leaves and sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.
#basilleaves #celery #parmesan #parsley #oliveoil #fennelseeds #onion #chickenstock #tomatoes #siciliansausagesoup #carrots