Sicilian sausage soup
Home-made pasta is so easy to make!
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 pack Debbie and Andrew's Harrogate 97% Gluten Free Pork Sausages
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- A pinch of fennel seeds
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 x 400g chopped tomatoes
- 300ml chicken stock
- A handful fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 100g cooked farfalle pasta
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan and fresh basil leaves to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large non stick saucepan. Add the onion, garlic and fennel seeds and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Then add the sausages and brown evenly for 8 minutes or so.
- Stir in the carrots and celery and cook for another 5 minutes until the vegetables start to colour and soften.
- Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, oregano and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, season well, then serve in bowls scattered with torn basil leaves and sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.