Sciatt is a dish typical of Valtellina, Italy. In the local Valtellina dialect it means toad (becaue it is ugly).
- 100 g buckwheat flour
- 175 ml Castello Red beer
- 20 ml grappa
- 500 g fontina cheese or bitto cheese, cut into 2 cm cubes
- Plain flour for dusting
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sunflower oil for deep frying
- Add the buckwheat flour to a bowl
- Add the grappa
- Gradually add the beer whilst whisking until you have a smooth thick batter with the consistency of thick whipped cream
- Cover and rest for 1 hour at room temperature
- Season the flour with salt and pepper
- Heat the oil to 180° C (350° F)
- In small batches, roll each piece of cheese in seasoned flour, dip into the batter and deep fry for about 2 minutes until they are crisp on the outside
- Drain on kitchen paper
Serve on a bed of finely sliced raddichio
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.