Sausages with garlic, chive and cauliflower mash (Paleo)
Everyone loves bangers & mash! This is a British favourite with a paleo twist. Rustled up in just under half an hour, this warming winter classic is perfect for those busy days when you fancy a hearty meal. Recipe by Paleo Polly. courtesy of debbieandandrew's sausages, the ones with the green Hunter wellies on the packet!
- 8-12 Debbie and Andrew's Harrogate 97% Gluten Free Pork Sausages
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 handful of fresh chives (diced)
- 1 organic beef stock cube
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- In a pan, fry your sausages on a medium heat, turning regularly for around 20-25 minutes until cooked thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, take your diced cauliflower and boil in a pan for 15-20 minutes until soft.
- In a pan, fry the garlic in a splash of olive oil then set aside.
- Drain the cauliflower of the water, save the water in a medium pan (to use for the gravy.)
- Add the olive oil and garlic to the cauliflower pan and mash together, until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, and add the chopped chives, leaving a small amount to garnish.
- Cover and set aside the mash pan.
- In a separate pan, take your organic beef stock cube, add 250 ml of the cauliflower water, stir and then reduce, until the stock thickens. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar. Reduce further until a thick gravy.
- Pour the gravy into the base of a serving plate.
- Now add the garlic and chive mash.
- Assemble sausages on top and garnish with fresh chives.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.