Sausage, Onion, Fig and Feta Salad (GF)
This salad features juicy figs combined with a leafy salad (try lambs lettuce and pea shoots) along side dollops of rich goats cheese that give a creamy but robust accompaniment to the properly peppery Perfect Cumberland sausages. For a really rustic look, cut the sausages into bite-sized chunks and then drizzle the whole thing with balsamic vinegar and a good quality olive oil
- 1 pack of debbie&andrews Perfect Cumberland Sausages
- 8 figs, quartered
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 200g feta cheese
- 20ml Balsamic glaze
- Olive oil
- 200g bag mixed leaf salad or fresh selected pea shoots and lambs lettuce.
- Preheat your oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Place onions in a roasting dish and lather in salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes until soft and golden.
- Chop the debbie&andrews Perfect Cumberland Sausages into thick slices on the diagonal.
- In a non-stick large fry pan, fry off over a medium/high heat until lovely and golden. Set aside to cool.
- Assemble your salad by layering salad leaves, red onion, debbie&andrews sausages and figs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Finish with a generous drizzle of olive oil, balsamic glaze and crumbled feta.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.