Salsa de maní (Peanut sauce)
Another peanut recipe from Ecuador.
- 30ml annatto oil or lard
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Garlic, to taste, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 60g finely ground peanuts
- Heat the annatto oil or lard over a moderate heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and tomato and cook until the onion is soft.
- Stir in the peanuts, season and cook for a few minutes longer.
- the sauce should be thin enough to pour. but if necessary, add a little tomato juice or water and cook just long enough to blend.
Serve with Llapingachos (Potato cakes).
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#annatto #peanuts #onion #tomato #lard #garlic #ground #blend #boiledorsimmered #peanut #tomatojuice