Salsa de Cebolla (Onion Sauce) (TM)
This is a translation and light adaptation of a recipe in Salsas y Aliños con Thermomix (Susaeta Ediciones)
- 1 small sweet onion
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoons sweet, smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard seeds
- 150g olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar)
- Peel and cut the onion and chop it in the bowl 6 seconds / Speed 6.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the order given.
- Blend the mixture 5 seconds / Speed 6 or until it has achieved the desired consistency.
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.