Riñones al Jerez (Jerez kidneys)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 800 g calf kidneys (if you cannot find these, use lamb kidneys)
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 60 ml dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Thoroughly wash the kidneys, remove the membranes and and leave to soak in tepid water to which vinegar has been added.
- Leave for 10 minutes, then drain and dry the kidneys.
- Cut them into quarters, season and mix with the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and the fry the kidneys over a medium heat.
- When almost done, add the parsley and the sherry and leave to cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.