Ragoût de mouton à l'ardennaise (Ardennes lamb stew)
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 30g butter
- 900g boneless leg of lamb, cubed
- 500ml meat stock
- Garlic to taste, crushed
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- ¼ small cabbage, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Melt the butter in a heavy casserole.
- Add the lamb and sauté over a high heat until browned on all sides.
- Add the stock, garlic, carrots, turnips, onion, cabbage salt and pepper - be careful with the salt. If your stock is salty then you will need less, or possibly none at all.
- Bring to the boil, cover, then reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 1½ hours.
- Add the potatoes and simmer, covered for a further 30 minutes.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.