Puréed potatoes (TM)
- 800g potatoes, cut into pieces
- 400g water or milk
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Nutmeg (optional)
- 50g butter or extra virgin olive oil
- Put the Butterfly on the blades, add the potatoes, water and salt and program 20 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1. (If you are using milk instead of water, program 30 minutes / 90° / Speed 1)
- When the time is up, incorporate the butter or the oil and season with pepper and nutmeg 30 seconds / Speed 3.
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs.
To make a thicker purée, discard some of the liquid before blending. You can also cook the potatoes in the Varoma with 500g water in the bowl and then blend with the butter or oil. If you want a creamier purée, make it with double the liquid (water or milk) 800g.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.