Mashed potato (TM)
- 500g boiled hot water, weighed in TM bowl
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 40g butter or olive oil (if vegan)
- Salt, pepper and grated nutmeg, to taste
- Place the potatoes in the internal Steaming Basket and cook over the water in the bowl for 18 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed Spoon.
- Check the potatoes for done-ness and if needed, cook for a few minutes more until fully cooked.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Empty the bowl of water and insert the Butterfly Whisk.
- Add the butter or oil and seasonings.
- Mix for 4 - 10 seconds / Speed 4, depending on desired consistency.
Timings will vary according to quantity and type of potato used. I would personally recommend King Edward. The mashed potato illustrated was mixed for 10 seconds and looks very gluey, so if you want something rather less puréed I should start with 4 seconds and keep checking until it has achieved your preferred consistency.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.