Prawn cocktail (2)
An old favourite from the days of the Hostess Trolley :-)
- 125g equal mixture of white cabbage and crisp lettuce, shredded - enough to line 4 individuals dishes or bowls
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ¼ large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 130ml mayonnaise, preferably home made
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- Tabasco, to taste
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 200g-250g shelled, cooked, king prawns
- Cayenne pepper
- Lemon slices, to garnish
- Line 4 bowls or dishes with the cabbage and lettuce mixture.
- Sprinkle the onion and cucumber over the top.
- Make the Marie Rose sauce by thoroughly mixing the mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, Tabasco and brandy.
- Spoon over the prawns and sprinkle the Cayenne pepper over the top,
- Garnish with a lemon slice and serve.
- Adapted from a recipe in The Prawn Cocktail Years by Simon Hopkinson and Lindsey Bareham ISBN 0718149807
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.