Potage bonne femme (Leek and potato soup)
- 4 medium leeks, dark green leaves removed and sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50 g butter
- 250 g potatoes, sliced
- 1 pint vegetable or light chicken stock
- 560 ml milk or less
- 140 ml single cream
- Melt the butter in a pan and slowly stew (covered) the leeks, onion and garlic until they are soft - around 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, stock and seasoning.
- When the vegetables are cooked, remove a few leek slices and potato, reserve, and purée the rest.
- Return the puréed soup to the pan and add the milk until you have the consistency you require.
- Add the cream, and reserved vegetables and reheat without boiling.
- Garnish with croûtons if desired.
Serve with slices of fresh baguette.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#butter #vegetables #leeks #potato #soup #onion #leek #potatoes #chickenstock #vegetable #boiling