- 350 g of yellow cornmeal (ground maize)
- 350 g of buckwheat flour
- 250 g of Formai de Mut dell'Alta Valle Brembana cheese
- 250 g of butter
- salt, sage, Garlic
- Polenta is often cooked in a big pot known in Italian as paiolo. Boil 2 litres of water add salt and the two type of flours.
- Stir for 45 minutes.
- Add cheese cut into dices and stir for 15 minutes.
- On a separate pan, slightly fry the butter with sage and garlic then add it to the polenta. Stir for a few minutes and serve.
You can serve polenta taragna with sausages, cotechino, stew or game.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.