- 350 g of yellow cornmeal (ground maize)
- 350 g of buckwheat flour
- 250 g of Formai de Mut dell'Alta Valle Brembana cheese
- 250 g of butter
- salt, sage, Garlic
- Polenta is often cooked in a big pot known in Italian as paiolo. Boil 2 litres of water add salt and the two type of flours.
- Stir for 45 minutes.
- Add cheese cut into dices and stir for 15 minutes.
- On a separate pan, slightly fry the butter with sage and garlic then add it to the polenta. Stir for a few minutes and serve.
You can serve polenta taragna with sausages, cotechino, stew or game.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#polentataragna #sage #yellowcornmeal #garlic #polenta #groundmaize #butter #buckwheatflour #italy #cheese #unusualrecipes