Formai de Mut dell'Alta Valle Brembana cheese
- 'Formai de Mut' means mountain cheese and this cheese is made with milk from cows in the Alpine grazing of Valle Brembana in the province of Bergamo.
Aroma and taste
- Delicate taste and aroma of forage fragrances.
Strength and texture
- The paste is compact and spingy with widely scattered holes.
Shape, weight and size
- Wheel of 30-40 cm of diameter, 8-10 cm height. Weight 8-12 kg.
- During the summer Formai de Mut is produced in mountain dairies, while in winter it is made in the valley.
Calories in different varieties and various types of cheeses
The number of calories in various types of cheese is very similar when you compare your cheese to a similar types of cheese.
For example, almost cheeses that are similar to Cheddar cheese have around 400 calories per 100g
If the Formai de Mut dell'Alta Valle Brembana cheese is not listed below, select a similar type of cheese from the list below to get a rough idea for the number of calories in Formai de Mut dell'Alta Valle Brembana cheese.
The calorie lists are sortable by clicking the up and down arrows in the heading columns
|Cheese type||Calories per 100g|
|Queso blanco cheese||310|
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please use the Contact the Editor page to send us a message and we will update the information on your cheese.