Poached eggs, Indian-style
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 110 g (4 oz) basmati rice
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder - or to taste
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 284 ml (½ pint) vegetable stock
- 150 ml pot single cream
- 25 g (1 oz) butter
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 4 free range eggs
- Seat and freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the rice in a sieve under cold water until it runs clear
- Add the rice to a large pot of boiling water and boil for about 12 minutes - drain and keep warm.
- Poach the eggs.
- In a small pan, gently sauté the onions and garlic in the butter for 5 minutes, don't allow it to colour.
- Stir in the curry powder.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions, add the milk and stir until it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sliced tomatoes in the base of a serving dish, layer the rice next, top with the poached eggs and then pour over the curry sauce.
- Serve immediately from the dish.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.