This is the basis for most of our flavoured popcorn recipes.
- 75 g popping corn
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- On a high heat, heat the oil in a large pan
- Add just a few kernels of popping corn and close the lid
- When they pop, your oil is ready, tip the rest of the popping corn into the oil and quickly close the lid
- Holding the lid with oven gloves, shimmy the pan so the corn will be covered with the oil
- When all of the activity has ceased, remove the lid and pour into a large bowl
- At this point you can sprinkle with salt and eat, or move to the next stage of your recipe
Covering the pan with a spatter guard instead of a lid will allow the moisture to escape which makes for a far better pop corn without making too much mess.
Go to our popcorn recipes page!
Not all supermarkets seem to sell popping corn. If you are having a job locating it, most health food shops sell it. Our local Waitrose also stocks popping corn in various sized packets.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#poppingcorn #popcorn #popcornrecipes #garlicoliveoil #plainpopcornrecipe #ovengloves #panfried #oliveoil