Pitta bread pizzas
4/5 Spend more time with the kids! The Judge
A great cookery cheat from South Caernarfon Creameries, make mini pizzas using pitta breads as the ready-made base.
A nice easy recipe that is great to get kids to help with.
- 4 wholemeal pitta breads or 8 mini pitta breads
- 4 teaspoons tomato purée
- 4 slices ham, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cooked sweetcorn
- 100g Dragon mild Welsh Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tomatoes thinly sliced
- Sprinkling of dried basil
- Preheat your oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Spread each pitta with 1 teaspoon purée. Arrange tomato slices, ham and sweetcorn on each pitta and sprinkle with cheddar and basil (try with other toppings such as salami, peppers, pineapple or make a funny face with your ingredients for kids).
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until the pittas are golden brown and bubbling.
Dragon cheese products can be purchased from Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Lidl, local independent stores and cheese shops.
For trade, catering and export enquiries see their where to buy page.
Many thanks to South Caernarfon Creameries for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use their recipes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#basil #sweetcorn #pittabreadpizzas #southcaernarfoncreameries #pittabreads #ham #tomato #recipesfromothersites #peppers #miseenplace #wholemeal