Philadelphia extra light fruit scones
You can make these delicious fruity scones from scratch in 35 minutes. Just mind you don't eat them all at once!
- 50g butter or margarine
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium cooking apple, peeled, cored & grated
- 25g caster sugar
- 50g Philadelphia Extra Light
- 5 tablespoons skimmed milk
- 100g Philadelphia Extra Light
- 2.5 tablespoons fruit jam (e.g. blackcurrant)
- 220° C (425° F - gas 7), [fan oven 200° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Rub the fat into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the milk with the Philly to form a runny paste and stir into the mixture.
- Add enough of the remaining milk to form a stiff dough (saving some to brush the top of the scones).
- On a floured table and roll out the dough to 2cm thick.
- Cut into scones with a round cutter and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with a little milk and bake at 220º C, Gas Mark 7 for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and fill with the Philly and jam.
Other recipes that use Philadelphia Extra Light (aka Philadelphia Lightest):
- Philadelphia rolled cucumber sandwiches
- Philadelphia fruit smoothie
- Philadelphia extra light jacket potatoes
- Philadelphia extra light fruit scones
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.