Pez espada en salsa de azafrán
- 4 thick swordfish steaks
- Seasoned flour
- 90 ml olive oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- Garlic to taste, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 100 ml dry sherry
- 1 bayleaf
- A good pinch of saffron, crushed
- Lightly salt the swordfish and dust with the seasoned flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a pan and and fry the steaks on both sides until they are golden - about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the fish from the pan and keep hot.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the onions and garlic until they are soft.
- Add the pine nuts, heat through and remove the pan from the heat.
- Combine the egg yolk and the sherry, then stir them into the onion mixture.
- Return the pan to a low heat and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Season to taste.
- Remove the bay leaf and pour onto the swordfish.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.